Klipsch 1069161 Heritage Series Forte IV American Walnut Floorstanding Speaker (Each)
First introduced in 1985, the Forte quickly established itself as the most popular Klipsch model. The elegant design and outstanding performance made the Forte a standout among its competitors. In 2017, Klipsch re-introduced the Forte as part of the Heritage speaker series. The new Forte IV features updated cosmetics and the latest advancements in acoustic engineering, while maintaining the original charisma that made the Forte so popular.
Don’t mess with perfection. We’ve made some important upgrades to the Forte IV, but it remains relatively unchanged since its inception. Remember great sound? We do, too. The Forte IV enclosure is still made in the USA, by proud craftsmen in Hope, Arkansas. Just like Paul W. Klipsch (PWK) intended.
- The titanium diaphragm high-frequency driver has a new wide dispersion phase plug for a wider, more accurate sweet spot.
- An all-new K-702 midrange compression driver ensures exceptional detail and dynamics.
- The Tractrix® horn, featuring our patented Mumps technology, gives you more consistent sound throughout the listening area.
- High Efficiency, High Performance Loudspeaker
The Forte IV hosts a three-way design utilizing a 12” woofer and horn-loaded midrange and tweeter. The Forte IV incorporates an all new K-702 midrange compression driver, featuring a polyimide diaphragm for exceptional detail and dynamics. The K-702 midrange is mated to a modified Tractrix® horn — featuring our patented Mumps technology for even polar response of mid frequencies, giving you more consistent sound throughout the listening area. The titanium diaphragm high-frequency driver has an all-new wide dispersion phase plug for providing exceptionally even high-frequency dispersion for a wider, more accurate sweet spot.
- Passive Radiator Yields Full Range Performance
The Forte IV’s well-extended bass is found in the use of a rear-mounted passive radiator. A mammoth 15” (38 cm) in size, this sub-bass radiator operates on acoustic pressure generated by the active woofer for greater bass output and extension.
The Forte IV has been completely revoiced from its predecessor, utilizing premium componentry in an all new high-fidelity network — minimizing electrical degradation throughout the circuitry — for truer to life sound with best in class efficiency and power handling. The new network draws from the classic three-way steep slope design of the legendary Klipschorn and La Scala speakers.
- Bi-Amp Input Panel and Binding Posts
The Forte’s premium, aluminum input panel accommodates large, high-quality speaker cables. Strong, versatile and quality binding posts provide the capability for bi-wiring or bi-amping.
- Book-Matched Wood Veneer
Klipsch only uses book-matched wood veneers for the Heritage series. The veneer leaves are kept in order as they are delicately sliced from the timber and precisely arranged to provide a mirror image at the splice joint — like turning the pages of a book. This gives each speaker an aesthetically appealing and consistent appearance that is treasured more than any other cut of wood veneer
- Matched Pairs
Every pair of Heritage series loudspeakers are grain-matched using wood veneer panels that come from the same timber. Each cabinet is carefully matched so that each speaker in the pair is practically indistinguishable from the other. The speakers move seamlessly together through the factory, and each finished product is inspected and labeled with sequential serial numbers, ensuring that your Heritage series speakers leave the factory as a meticulously crafted set.
- Built to Last
While each and every component of the Forte IV is built to last, Klipsch has always recognized the unique and critical role of a loudspeaker’s cabinet in the sound reproduction process. From the craftsmen in Hope, AR to the engineers in Indianapolis, IN, Klipsch has always put an extraordinary emphasis on cabinet design. The Forte enclosure is assembled using only the highest-grade adhesives and fasteners. This is a speaker you will hand down from generation to generation.
- Klipsch Group, Inc. warrants to the original retail purchaser that this product will be free from defective materials and workmanship for five (5) years from the date of purchase, subject to the limitations below. This warranty period is not extended if we repair or replace the product. Except as limited below, if this product proves defective in either material or workmanship, KGI, at its option, will (a) repair the product, or (b) replace the product, at no charge for parts or labor. If the product model is no longer available and cannot be repaired effectively or replaced with an identical model, KGI at its sole option may replace the unit with a current model of equal or greater value. In some cases, modification to the mounting surface may be required where a new model is substituted. KGI assumes no responsibility or liability for such modification. To obtain a repair or replacement under the terms of this warranty, you must return the product to the dealer from which it was purchased with your original receipt.
- This limited warranty does not cover failure of the product arising, in whole or in part, from improper installation, storage, transportation, misuse, abuse, accident, neglect, mishandling, unauthorized repair, modification, or wear from ordinary use or environmental deterioration.
- This limited warranty does not cover cosmetic damage, including paint damage, or consequential damage to other components or premises which may result for any reason from the failure of the product.
- This limited warranty is null and void for products not used in accordance with KGI’s instructions.
- This limited warranty is null and void for products with altered or missing serial numbers and for products not purchased from Klipsch Group, Inc. or an authorized dealer.
- This limited warranty terminates if the original retail purchaser sells or otherwise transfers this product.
- This limited warranty is null and void for defects or damage caused by installation or repair performed by any person or entity other than a Klipsch authorized installer or dealer.
|RMS Output Power (watts)||100W|
|Peak Power Handling (watts)||400W|
|Connectivity||Dual Binding Posts / bi-wire / bi-amp|
|Frequency Response||38Hz - 20kHz|
|Maximum SPL||116dB Continuous|
|Crossover Frequency (HF)||5.2kHz|
|Crossover Frequency (LF)||650Hz|
|High Frequency Driver||K-100-TI 1” (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver on a K-79T horn|
|Speaker Design||Floor Standing|
|Unit Weight (lbs.)||72|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||85|