System integrators and installers in search of a digital speaker processor with six inputs and four outputs will be thrilled with the ZonePRO 641m from dbx, a digital zone processor that's well suited for installation in restaurants, fitness centers, retail stores, nightclubs, and any other situation that requires multiple-zone control of audio sources with paging features. The ZonePRO 641m has no front-panel control and requires a computer for initial setup.
The processor provides two balanced inputs on Euroblock terminals that are selectable as line or microphone level (with phantom power), along with four pairs of analog RCA line inputs, with each pair internally summed to mono. Outputs are available via Euroblock terminals and can be configured as either stereo or mono. A DB-9 connector is located on the front panel for connecting to a computer.
The included Windows-based control software communicates with the unit via RS-232. Processor blocks can be switched in or out of a chain and include input gain, high-pass filtering, parametric EQ, compression, limiting, gating, AGC, ducking, de-essing, AFS (Advanced Feedback Suppression), notch filters, signal routing, band-pass filtering, delay, and polarity. An AutoWarmth module provides gentle bass boost compensation as signal levels are lowered.
The ZonePRO 641m really shines when utilized with optional remote wallmount controllers (sold separately) that can be positioned within the various zones. The wallmounts are able to provide local volume control or scene selection, dependent on the type of controller installed. A built-in real-time clock can provide programmable system changes throughout the day or week. All program memory is nonvolatile, ensuring program security in the event of power failure or computer malfunction.
- Six-channel input, four-output zone processor
- Processing blocks available on both inputs and outputs
- Up to four zones can receive independent audio sources, with paging priority
- Local zone control is available utilizing the optional ZC series of wall-mounted controllers (sold separately)
- Microphone input can have AFS (Advanced Feedback Suppression) inserted with fixed or live filter response
- AutoWarmth module provides a bass boost to low-level signals
- AGC (Automatic Gain Control) maintains even levels
- Other dynamic DSP includes compression, limiting, noise gating, and ducking
- Includes band-pass and crossover filters, notch filtering, and parametric EQ
- Security lockout
- Computer control via RS-232
- An analog input bus allows inputs from one unit to be sent to another unit for application scalability